Thread: Now what?
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2022, 02:03 PM   #926
JustJay

JustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the roughJustJay is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
I can see wanting a bigger role for yourself, don't really care about Brunson at this point. People keep bringing up we could have signed him mid season, just like DoDo. What has been the sole source for that? Rick fucking Brunson..."multiple reports" but all with the same source. I doubt it went down that way...

KD is a bitch and picked the two top seeds as his destinations. He's a ring chaser. For all his talent, I hope he gets looked down upon when it's all said and done when discussing top players of all time.

Kyrie was heavily linked to Dallas, Mavs said fuck no.

Lavine and Beal were never going to sign elsewhere, super maxes exist for a reason and they'd be leaving way too much on the table to go elsewhere. Look for them to be on different teams by year 3 of their respective deals.

I think Beal would actually be a perfect fit to Luka tbh all other players need the ball in their hands to create and succeed. I'm sure he'll be a target in a year or two.

I do think Luka will have more pull than Dirk did just because he's already rubbing elbows in all-star games and events since he's a teenager. And I don't share the same sentiment players won't be enticed to play with a top 3 player in the league and what is becoming one of the more player friendly, top coaching staffs in the league. Mavs will be fine. Need to gain the flexibility back, it will be helpful to be able to trade picks now.
So you're saying it's a lie that we didn't offer him 4 years/55 mil. So that means we did offer him 4 years/55 mil and he turned it down. Where are the reports that that happened anywhere? Just give me one. How do you guys seem to know that the source all leads back to Rick Brunson and that he was lying yet you have no proof of your claim.

Per ESPN?s Tim MacMahon, The former Villanova star was eligible to sign a $55.5 million extension with the Mavs last summer, but they never even discussed it with Brunson after his playoff struggles against the Clippers. That said, once he broke out in January and started to thrive, Dallas came calling with the new deal right after the trade deadline in February. However, Brunson simply wanted to finish the season and focus on the task at hand.

Last edited by JustJay; 07-01-2022 at 02:06 PM.
JustJay is offline   Reply With Quote