Thread: Now what?
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2022, 02:47 PM   #927
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJay View Post
So you're saying it's a lie that we didn't offer him 4 years/55 mil. So that means we did offer him 4 years/55 mil and he turned it down. Where are the reports that that happened anywhere? Just give me one. How do you guys seem to know that the source all leads back to Rick Brunson and that he was lying yet you have no proof of your claim.

Per ESPN?s Tim MacMahon, The former Villanova star was eligible to sign a $55.5 million extension with the Mavs last summer, but they never even discussed it with Brunson after his playoff struggles against the Clippers. That said, once he broke out in January and started to thrive, Dallas came calling with the new deal right after the trade deadline in February. However, Brunson simply wanted to finish the season and focus on the task at hand.
Makes sense if Dallas offered a deal to him and also extended DFS at the same time. All of it is bad timing, and Donnie Nelson is still ultimately responsible.

What is inexcusable is basically trashing us at the end not giving us a meeting. His dad just didn't like us and wanted him in NY. I mean, our 110 was more than their 104 offer overall, so it's really not about the money. I'm sure the Mavs woulda come up a bit too, but even 5/125 wasn't going to change anything.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote