View Single Post
Old 11-17-2004, 08:42 PM   #286
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Phoenix @ Dallas Gameday Thread

Quote:
No i really think he shoots it too much even in the half court set, not just the break. If it were like you said, we might not have as many problems with him in the shooting too much regaurd..
I've defended Marquis as a point based on his numbers last year, which were quite solid when playing the 1. His numbers playing the point this year don't deserve to be defended, so I won't. He's shot it too much, and shot it too ineffectively when he's been the point guard in the lineup. It's not, however, the case that he in general shoots it too much. As a SG, which is where he's played the overwhelming majority of his minutes, he's been taking fewer than 20 scoring attempts (includes fta's) per 48 minutes, which is below the team average at the 2, and below the Mavs' opponents' average at the 2.