View Single Post
Old 11-19-2004, 03:03 AM   #292
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Phoenix @ Dallas Gameday Thread

Quote:
Originally posted by: MavKikiNYC
Quote:
Originally posted by: dude1394
Nash on the 60 win team.
--------------------
Parting words

If there's one thing that bothered Steve Nash when he played for the Mavericks, it was the breakup of the 2002-03 team that won 60 games and was two wins from reaching the NBA Finals.

"I thought the team we had two years ago would have been a pretty good team to keep together," said Nash, who signed a free agent contract with the Suns this past summer. "That was not only a successful and tough team, but a group that defended well. That was too bad, but it's done."

Nick Van Exel, Raja Bell, Adrian Griffin, Raef LaFrentz, Walt Williams and Avery Johnson were among the players from that team who were not with the Mavs last season.

-------------
Couldn't agree more.
I had the exact opposite reaction, Dude. I thought that team actually overachieved, and as a result was overrated. They weren't going anywhere with Raef in the middle, with NVE fanning the flames of Nelllie's small-ball fetish, and with Nash himself getting torched defensively by any PG with a pulse.

Both Nash AND the Mavericks are in better positions to have success with him in Phoenix.

Yes I know a lot of folks feel that way about Raef, but I still do not. Now after Raef was traded then you might as well break it all apart of trade for a solid center anyway, but my contention will continue to be that raef was center enough. We'll see obviously, but I thought it a reckless move that has taken at least 2 years to rectify after the cluster and waste of last year.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote