View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 11:57 PM   #116
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanL View Post
No I'm speaking to the fact that he thinks a fertilized egg is a baby. That is not a misrepresentation. That is what he actually believes, as crazy as that seems to you and me.
The misrepresentation is when you act as if anyone believes sperm cells are also human lives.

Pro-life position: Life begins at conception/implantation.
Misrepresentation: Life may as well begin in the testes.

Pro-choice position: Life begins sometime in the second trimester.
Misrepresentation: One may as well abort at any time in the pregnancy.

In both cases, one side pushes their opponent's position further down the timeline than is actually represented. You have both committed the first distortion and resisted the second in this thread alone.

But they are the same issue. I'm not sure how much more clearly I can spell this out, it's not that complicated.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote