View Single Post
Old 01-30-2008, 11:34 PM   #53
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by endrity
When will people realize that KG's offense is average, not good at anything. When did anyone see him dominate in the low block. Please tell me. Please tell me what low block moves does he have, cause I've watched him for a couple of years and [have yet to see any. He has one, ONE, offensive move, a little turnaround on the left block 10-15 feet away. But it only extends at that. His shooting beyond that range is iffy. What Dirk does to opposing defenses is incomparable to Garnett. I never saw the Spurs change their whole philosophy to cover Garnett.
This man speaks the truth!

Quote:
Fact is great players take over games by scoring. We have had one player in this league that made a reputation as a all-time great with defense, Bill Russell. And one could argue that he had so much offensive talent around that he never needed to score. The problem with KG is that he is good at every trade, a master at none. Which means in the 4th quarter you can only do so much. That is why Dirk has consistently been a great 4th quarter scorer and KG hasn't. And by the way Dirk's defense might not be as good as Garnett's but ever since Nash and Fin left, I rarely see Dirk put in a tough situation. The penetration we allowed back in the day made him look even worse than he really was. The Mavs have been a great defensive team under Avery so Dirk can't be that bad. And I have read scouts who say that the one which gives orders to the defense on the floor is Dirk, he points out the plays of the opposition and stuff. His physical limits will not allow him to be a great defender, but he has become a smarter one.

Regarding the Josh thing. It's not new. It's just people trying to find something new to say. They blame Dirk for last year, so in order to say that the Mavs are good this year you gotta reward someone else. Anyone that has seen the Mavs knows it's not true. More important than that, you could argue our success in the 1st half is just as much because of Devin. But he is not known nationally so you can't say him just yet.
Preach it!!

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 01-30-2008 at 11:34 PM.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote