View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 05:26 PM   #1348
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesVE View Post
Sorry, don't even know what your reputation bit there means.

I said it's an anomaly that Dirk outrebounded each individual player on the opposing team. You say that my saying that is "crap".

Pretty sure that, by and large, the high rebounder in a game on any given night in the NBA is usually ~10 (most times higher).

Yet Dirk averages UNDER 7 rebounds a game. Pretty sure that means that the dude does NOT outrebound the other team night-in and night-out.

Dirk ranks 53rd in rebounding.

So, uhh, yeah... don't really see how I'm wrong here. I guess that makes me a knucklehead for stating the obvious.

You can't look at raw rebound numbers you mental midget! Yes, Dirk's rebounds are down because of age/injuries/minutes. But he is still a good defensive rebounder. He has never, and will never be a big offensive rebounder because that's not what we need him to do. Defensive rebounding is what Dirk does, and he still does it pretty well. Higher DRR% than Amare, Pau, Aldridge, etc.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote