View Single Post
Old 04-18-2008, 01:46 PM   #2822
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigyDub
I just don't agree with that at all. I think they're both very good. Chicago's problem was never talent--they looked just fine in the playoffs last year, and their roster hadn't changed much at all this year (at least pre-trade) and they were HORRIBLE.

A quick look at the stats confirms what I'm saying--

Deng: 48% FG, 36% 3pt, 6.10 rpg, 2.5 apg
Iggy: 46% FG, 33% 3pt, 5.40 rpg, 4.8 apg

So Iggy is a better passer, and possibly a marginally better defender from the eyeball test, but Deng shoots better (even from long range), and has more rebounds per game (despite being on a team with 3 rebounding machine big men, no less).
Yea this year with Chicago was wierd. No one was ever on their game on the same day. One game Tyrus Thomas would be great and no one else would be. The next game Gordon and Deng would be on fire and no one else would be. Hinrich shows up whenever. It was crazy. I think the thing they need most is a veteran. I think Iggy's assist total can be due to him having the ball in his hands a lot more than Deng does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikeball
Rookie Seasons

Durant - 43.0% FG, 87.3% FT, 20.3 pts. 4.2 rebs, 2.4 Ast, 1 stl, 1 blk.
LBJ - 41.7% FG, 75.4% FT, 20.9pts, 5.5 reb, 5.9 Ast, 1.7 stl, 0.7 blk
Kobe - 41.7% FG, 81.9% FT, 7.6pts, 1.9reb, 1.3 Ast, 0.7 stl, 0.3 blk

Looks pretty good to me. not everybody comes into the league with a man-beast body like lebron.
Just imagine if Durant gets about 10 pounds of muscle on him. He's going to be hell. I won't lie I thought he'd be good but not this good due to his body frame. He's built like a high schooler. Hell Amare and Bron were built a lot better than he is now in the NBA comin' out of high school. He's gotta hit the weight room though. It didn't hurt him this year but eventually his body is going to feel the effects of playing in the NBA.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote