View Single Post
Old 10-26-2008, 07:48 PM   #24
Burn this City

Burn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really niceBurn this City is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
You are out of your mind if you don't think millions of people are voting for Obama because they're going to get a bigger tax break. Which for people barely (or not at all) paying income tax, that's a handout.
I'm sure people are going to vote for Obama because they'd prefer a greater tax break, but that isn't what you said. You made the generalization that individuals from urban areas vote for Democrats because they want handouts. And all I was saying was that I've never seen any statistical evidence showing that trend.

I've seen data that shows a huge bloc of African-Americans and even a significant percentage of Latinos favoring Democrats since the civil rights movement of the 1960's and the separation of the Dixiecrats from the modern Democratic party, but that trend corresponds to both affluent and less affluent voters, so it doesn't really apply to your "inner-city" theory. It's more of a sign of racial identification, rather than class identification.

Last edited by Burn this City; 10-26-2008 at 07:50 PM.
Burn this City is offline   Reply With Quote