View Single Post
Old 05-04-2007, 09:46 AM   #35
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubOverdose
IMO, Avery is the main one to blame for this series. Game 1 was just disgusting.
Yep it was. But he was trying to counteract Nellie's intimate knowledge of the Mavs with a switch. It didn't work.

Quote:
Throughout the series he's gone small with George rather than forcing a style upon the Ws. By doing this he's abandoned his system.
I saw Diop on the floor a lot - isn't he one of our centers? But we couldn't play two defense first players at the same time. GS immediately dropped into a zone and we couldn't score.

Quote:
Last night we started out chucking 3s. Even when Stack was making them, I was yelling at the TV. We all know that's not how the Mavs win games anymore. Ours 3s stopped falling, and the Ws built a huge lead. Yes, this team was hurt by Dirk not being more aggressive, but as you could see, Avery wanted 3 pointers to be shot. He wasn't demanding that players drive to the rim.
EVERY timeout Avery was saying "go to the rim" but the players didn't. And that's the only thing that I will blame Avery for - not getting his players to play the way they were supposed to.

I blame Dirk because he missed shots he should have hit and was awful defensively. I think this performance will shut up anyone who thinks he's even average defensively.

I blame the front office for not getting a 2nd star - someone make GS pay for doubling Dirk. And that probably points at Cuban since he's the guy who is determined to cut the Mavs salary to below LT levels.

And our off season acquistions? Really, when George is an important role player for a team then it has serious problems. If he was worth a damn then why did the talent starved Lakers let him go?

I blame Jet because he sucked. That new contract was certainly more than he deserved.

I blame Stack because he thinks he is still 25. He'd drive to the rim but fail to finish EVERY TIME. Instead of a string of "And 1's" - he got free throws.

And I blame myself. I >knew< the Mavs were smoke and mirrors this year. But I got sucked back in with all the regular season records we set.
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote