View Single Post
Old 06-29-2006, 09:10 AM   #16
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by seelenjaeger
Nope, I wasn´t, but Howard was coming with an entirely different "history and background". Our current rook is coming off a so-so year while Howard was coming off a rock solid and promising season.

What I´ve read so far about our guy is interesting, and might be a good fit for our needs, but it´s nothing more than the usual rookie hype to me till I´ve see him on the floor. I know this board is bad when it comes to beeing neutral, every new guy is hyped beyond believe (as it ever was) and every guy leaving is quickly marked as a spare who we should have gotten rid of earlier, still - looking at our roster, Terry, Harris, Griffin (I think we should keep him btw), Quis, Stackhouse and Howard who could play the swingman or guard positions on opposite to Dirk, Josh Powell and Benga ... well, I just think that´s a hole at the PF.

If there would have been a guy arond to fill that backup PF slot in the rookie season (which wasn´t), I think it would have been a big mistake to pass on him to get in the guy who we did take.

I´d still prefer packaging him and Quis for one of the PF´s around #16 or higher, but guess that´s out of the picture, so we´ll have to see how we will that PF thingy in FA. Maybe there´s something in the works (at least Quis and Stackhouse become tradeable with the addition of the Rook).

I looked at all of the videos of him last night and came away unimpressed. Of course it was nothing but offense and that won't get him on the court anyway.

If he can play some D and hit an open jumper he'll be an upgrade from griffin, in spots. But not much it doesn't appear to me unless he "gets it".
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote