View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 09:19 PM   #48
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202 View Post
I am just saying that Dirk and Bosh could co-exist since they both work their offense differently, and both would be very hard to guard. They would both need a good defensive Center for part of the game with them against some teams though.
I'm not sure why you have this notion that Dirk and bosh work their games differently. They have a ton of overlap in their offensive games, and work from the same areas of the floor a lot.

Beyond that, they are not the kind of players that will create a lot of offense working off of each other. They can't pick and roll, and they're not going to be dive cutting while the other is at the high post.

Trying to figure out how to get Bosh and Dirk to coexist would certainly fall under the category of "good problem", but their offenses are really not compatible.

As to the position question, as I've said many times on this board, in the NBA you are what you can defend. Dirk is not a SF because he can not guard the majority of small forwards in the NBA. Obviously Marion provides enough flexibility that you could find certain matchups to make it work, but a Haywood/Bosh/Dirk front line could not be counted on to log big minutes or close games consistently.

The biggest plus for getting Bosh has nothing to do with playing with Dirk, it's the fact that you would have a franchise player after Dirk slips. Bosh and Dirk together in their primes is far from ideal.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote