View Single Post
Old 12-30-2004, 11:23 PM   #16
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:About Walker, funny info....

Quote:
Originally posted by: chumdawg
Interesting comments from Nellie in the Boston paper: link

Mavs defend 'Toine

The Mavericks made a big move before last season when they brought in Antoine Walker [news] in the LaFrentz trade. But the club eventually was willing to let him go for lesser value (though it did wind up getting Jason Terry and a first-round pick out of Atlanta).

While many around here are down on Walker, Nelson said, ``It wasn't all Antoine's fault. He's a good basketball player and I really like him a lot. . . . I do believe that if I would have played him at center from opening day and just take our chances with the fouls, we would have won a lot more games and been a better team at the end.

``That's what I should have done and I didn't, because I kept thinking he could be the point forward I've been looking for. He just couldn't do that for me. He wasn't consistent enough with his passing.''
Dear God, thank you. Nellie admitting that the point forward scheme involving Walker wasn't a good idea in a round about way.

Where's David and Poindexter when you need them? I'm sure they'd spin it some way, but there's just no spinning anymore.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote