View Single Post
Old 12-31-2004, 01:06 AM   #19
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:About Walker, funny info....

Quote:
Originally posted by: chumdawg
Interesting comments from Nellie in the Boston paper: link

Mavs defend 'Toine

While many around here are down on Walker, Nelson said, ``It wasn't all Antoine's fault. He's a good basketball player and I really like him a lot. . . .
Quote:
I do believe that if I would have played him at center from opening day and just take our chances with the fouls, we would have won a lot more games and been a better team at the end.
``That's what I should have done and I didn't, because I kept thinking he could be the point forward I've been looking for. He just couldn't do that for me. He wasn't consistent enough with his passing.''
Dear lord in heaven.. That MAY be the most idiotic statement I've ever heard a basketball coach make. How in the world could he expect walker to play against duncan/shaq/kg hell even damp in the post. What a moronic statement.

If he thinks so little of the center position AGAIN why get rid of raef or not play shawn!!! They both shoot better from 3pt land, ft's, rebound and block shots. I just can't believe how ignorant this statement is.

If walker had been on the team again I had told cubes he could eat my tickets. Geezzzz what a waste of a year.

"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote