View Single Post
Old 07-25-2007, 10:15 AM   #96
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Look at almost every other sport, (maybe soccer is different, I don't watch it enough).

Even hockey seems better officiated to me.

Almost every other sport I can watch a call and see where the ref might have made it, only the pass interference in football is as subjective it seems. However the NBA makes like 50 pass interference calls.

They just have to be as tremendously transparent and their rules need to be clearly stated and administered. They need to be way, way over the top in doing this because their sport has more power in the hands of the refs than any other major one. More games are decided by referring in the NBA than all other games combined.

When you have a game where a single ref can single-handedly effect a point spread and nothing is thought about it, your procedures need to be tightened.

But stern just said his are fine and that this is the only ref that is doing this, sorry but the reality doesn't agree with you. Obviously since you didn't know about this ref, you don't know about the "other" one either.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote