View Single Post
Old 08-10-2002, 08:56 PM   #4
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Bump...update.

Blazers: Sabonis contemplates return
Added: 10th August, 2002

The Associated Press reports that Arvydas Sabonis was in Portland this week to chat with Trail Blazers president Bob Whitsitt and could be contemplating a return to the team. He went out to dinner with Whitsitt and the coaching staff on Wednesday night and worked out with Damon Stoudamire and Ruben Patterson on Thursday according to the Oregonian.

``The fact that he came over here shows he is definitely thinking about it,'' Whitsitt said. ``Can I tell you that he's decided yes? No, he hasn't. But I can tell you he is seriously thinking about it because he is doing his homework.''

Because Sabonis did not play for another team last season, and because the Blazers did not renounce their rights to him, Portland retains what is referred to as his ``Larry Bird rights.'' That means the Blazers are not limited in what they can offer Sabonis. It is thought that Sabonis will ask $6 million to $8 million for one season. He made $11.25 million in his last season with the Blazers.

Whitsitt said money never came up during Sabonis' visit.

``The first thing I need to hear from him is that he really wants to play in the NBA again,'' Whitsitt said. ``Then we can talk about putting something together.''