View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 11:52 PM   #5
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Nice. Memphis was obviously not anywhere near their best tonight, but still a very good win by the Mavs. And though they obviously hit a high percentage on threes to take control, this was much more than a hot-shooting night. Those threes they were making, and even most of the ones they missed, were excellent shots created by uniformly sharp execution of the team's offensive philosophy.

A comment on Booby since I'm sort of his resident fan. I really liked his work in the 1st half, and that made me doubly unhappy to see him be the first guy on the Dallas roster to lose focus in the 2nd half. At least glad that Rick left him in for a while after setting him straight, during which time his effort, if not always his execution, was considerably improved.

Brand continues to look like a different player on the offensive end from the start of the year. This is much more like what I was envisioning when he was claimed off amnesty waivers.

Also, as a parting comment, OJ had a quiet line tonight, but I'm liking the way he's playing lately more than at any prior point in the season. His contributions are just much better balanced.

Could go on about guys who played well tonight, but I won't. Just a great team effort. Let's build on it.

Last edited by grndmstr_c; 01-12-2013 at 11:52 PM.
grndmstr_c is offline   Reply With Quote