View Single Post
Old 07-02-2014, 02:01 PM   #27
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I knew that was going to happen eventually, but I didn't think the fall would be so far so fast with such a high pricetag... Prokhorov is one of the richest people on the planet, but nobody is rich enough to simply ignore flushing $144m down the toilet in one year on one investment.
Screw Billy King. Ivan needs to get over here and run this thing his own self. (Rod Thorn smelled something rotten, I think.) I suspect that Russian ownership of the Nets is an extreme example of Russians stashing assets abroad, much like Russian millionaries/billionaires buying high-end Manhattan real estate.

I forget what he paid to acquire the Nets ($300-350 million, with current valuation of $780 million), but if the Bucks can go for nearly $600 million, and the Clips can go for $2 billion, he should come out okay if he's looking to sell in a few years. But yeah, still...$144MM for a 2nd-round exit is pretty heady.
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote