View Single Post
Old 12-10-2008, 12:09 AM   #19
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco View Post
I don't question Josh here. You don't become a professional athlete by being a wuss and not caring. I'm quite certain he would much rather be out on the court with his team that sitting at the end of the bench.
You don't become a professional athlete by being a wuss and not caring... hmm, there are alot of ways to become professional athletes... Sometimes it's almost solely on God given ability.. sometimes it's based almost solely on other things such as being freakishly tall.. Caring is usually involved in becoming a professional athlete. However, that does not mean that you can't be a 'wuss'. It also doesn't mean that money can't change certain things about you and your game. I think we've seen alot of obvious changes in Josh's game since coming into the NBA..some of which aren't good changes. But, hey, those changes wouldn't have occurred if he truly 'cared'.

Flaco, it's not that black and white. You're smarter than that. If it were about 'caring', why in the world did Plaxico Burress carry an unregistered gun into a night club? Was it because he cared so deeply about his profession and his teammates? No, probably not. Does he have some level of care about his profession and his teammates? Obviously there is some level.. but obviously, it's not the same with every athlete. Hey, sometimes athletes don't really care all that much from the beginning. With some, it changes once they get paid... But hey, don't bring 'caring' into the equation.. especially with Josh Howard and the crap he pulled in the playoffs and off season last year.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote