View Single Post
Old 05-12-2009, 12:21 PM   #6
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Dtown, his free throw numbers indicate that he's a bit more than just a jumpshooter.
As for people saying that he's not great, ...well, you just haven't paid much attention to the national media over the years..... hell, even the local media.
Well I know Dirk can score all over the court. But his perception around the league is he's a jumpshooting big man. When people talk about Dirk it isn't about his defense or his inside game. Its how amazing of a jumpshooter he is for his size.

And i've never heard anyone not say Dirk wasn't a great player. He just won the MVP award 3 years ago. They don't just give that to guys suiting up. Winning MVP alone shows how what the coaches and nba analysts think of you. Aren't they the ones that vote on that award? He's get roasted for his defense. Rightfully so IMO. And you have some guys in town that thinks Dirk is overhyped and overrated. You have people who feel the same way about guys like Dwayne Wade and Kevin Garnett. But i've never heard one person say Dirk's not a great player. Maybe question his toughness and maybe question his want but i've never heard anyone say Dirk's a bum. Even his toughest critics in the TNT crew give Dirk his credit as a great offensive player.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote