View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 01:35 PM   #71
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilmtalk View Post
Out coaching Spoelstra isn't that big of a deal. He was basically LB b!tch anyway. The rotation RC used was the same rotation he had experimented with for the last two years. Carlisle is a good coach when he has enough time to evaluate his players and then make game plans in advance. The rotations he used in the playoffs were no different than those he used all year. They were just very effective because they ( except for the Thunder) played against the Lakers and Heats weakness's. It was not something he did on the fly.

As I stated before Carlisle is not a good coach when he is required to make quick evaluations of his personal and in game adjustments that he has not planned for. He is methodical. If he was really the coach that some of you believe the Mavs wouldn't be having the problems they are now. Dirk see's the handwriting on the wall. Isn't it time the rest of you woke up. But then most of you are like Carlisle. You are incapable of recognizing a trend until far after it has bitten you in the Aff. He was the right coach for the year the team won the champianship, but he is wrong for the situation this team finds itself in at present.
I'm not going to debate you on this, because you're so far out there that it's not even worth it.

I just wanted to take the time to point out that you appear to have the EXACT OPPOSITE opinion of Carlisle's strengths as the entire rest of the NBA and those who watch it and cover it. Carlisle is the king of "be ready". His rotations are always in flux. His lineups change all the time. Hell, his lineup was constantly changing the entire 2010-2011 season. Hell, he completely removed Peja from the rotation early in the Heat series, and changed his staring lineup halfway through as well.

I mean...I get that people often have issues with their coach. But your characterization of Rick is so, so backwards. If anything, the majority of his critics, and some of his players, would claim that he is too volatile, TOO unwilling to commit to a steady, consistent plan.

Just such a strange stance to take.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote