View Single Post
Old 09-14-2008, 03:08 PM   #90
Mavdog
Diamond Member

Mavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud ofMavdog has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmbwinn
Like I implied/stated earlier, we are talking about the gunshow loophole. We are talking about a small number of appropriate procedures.

I am not an OB/Gyn as I stated earlier.

Nonetheless, we still have the debate about whether the unborn child is a person with civil rights. We don't euthanize Hydrocephalic persons on this side of the uterus.

I will grant that you came up with an example of when a partial birth abortion might be the best procedure. In other words, I will admit that I was wrong and did not think of that example. So, I said I was wrong.
well, let's just say that you didn't consider other situations. thanks for the clarification.

Quote:
Nonetheless, we are stlil left with the debate about when a fetus gets rights as a person. That is the debate behind the reason why Obama would not vote for the bill demanding life saving efforts for a baby born alive despite a doctor's best effort to kill it...

After we finish debating partial birth abortion, we still have to acknowledge that the vast majority of abortions occur for "personal choice, my uterus/my decision" type reasons. Those are not medically necessary and have nothing to do with the "health of the mother" other than the fact that all these procedures have a doctor's note saying it was done for the "psychological health of the mother".

rmacomic's abortion had nothing to do with medical necessity.

In my opinion, the last remaining significant civil rights battle in the USA is the fight for the rights of the fetus and the debate about what legal decision authority a man has in the issue of the fetus (as it is genetically half his).

That civil rights battle is tremendous...
that is true, the vast majority of abortions are of convenience.

that is why all sides of the debate should unite in the goal of having fewer unplanned pregnancies.

which btw is the mission behind planned parenthood (hence the name...), and why imo having sex education given to early to mid teens is an excellent idea. people would be shocked to hear how much misinformation teenagers have in regard to sex and fertility.

as for the "civil rights" of a fetus, you will have to explain how and when that occurs. does the fertilized egg have "civil rights"? how about the zygote of a few weeks? an embryo of a couple of months?

sorry, and I know this will come as a shock to you, i do not see any "civil rights" until there is a recognized person, and that is typically when a birth certificate is issued.
Mavdog is offline   Reply With Quote