View Single Post
Old 04-23-2004, 05:36 PM   #22
Bayliss

Bayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond reputeBayliss has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: If the season had ended after last game...

Doesn't matter what he does. He should be fired. And the "someone better in his place" line is a little nonsensical. The reason is because unless you do fire him then you will never know if the coach you hire next will be better.

In other words, the only way to find out if a coach is better than Nellie is to fire Nellie and replace him with that said coach. And I'm willing to find out. Because I've already seen the best of Nellie. And the best of Nellie got us to the WCFs beating up a gimp team. And I've already seen the worst of Nelson. (Ahem this year.) But have I seen the best of ___(inser coach here)__________? Nope. And I want to go with somebody that might bring us a championship. That will establish defense. That will establish a number 1 option.

Had Hill never been fired from SA, the Spurs would not have won the championships in 99 or 03. Poopovich was essentially "unknown" quantity at the time of his takeover. And at that time SA was considered a good quality team that seemed to make the playoffs regularly.

Can the Mavs have that kind of change? I hope so. But it start up top.
Bayliss is offline   Reply With Quote