View Single Post
Old 03-20-2008, 04:14 PM   #99
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkat
first off, this isn't 1977.
Agreed -- but it is still football, and I loved the 70's Cowboys.

Quote:
secondly, no running back in this draft is worth 2 (late) first round draft picks. multiple talent scouts, many who have worked in the NFL, have said this.
link? -- I have heard yes and no and all purely out of opinion. I have heard from one coach that a franchise back is worth an entire draft -- too bad he picked the wrong guy. I think LT would be worth both #1's -- would SD trade him for them?

Quote:
third, how is jerry going to pay DMac AND Barber...we're only about 5 million dollars over the cap. there's no space to get him.
2008 Cap Update - $3,982,787 million (03/18/08) under the cap right now, not over. Restructuring contracts and they could get there quickly. That isn't the problem. The problem is next year when you are paying two backs #1 money. Right now the qualifying offer to Barber is included, so if he signs the qualifying offer-- this amount doesn't go down.

Quote:
and fourth, this draft is very deep at RB...mcfadden, mendenhall, felix jones, jonathan stewart, chris johnson, jamaal charles. there's no reason to trade up to get a guy who isn't deemed worth trading up for.
No, this draft is DMac -- then the rest of these guys. He is the only one I have read that has a top ten grade. This doesn't mean he will be the best RB, just that he grades out that way. My point is that Dallas needs quality not quantity this year because they are pretty well set at most of their positions.

Quote:
and lastly, from what i've heard, jamaal charles is already looking like a bust.
I have read 2nd round to bust as well.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote