View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009, 01:32 PM   #8
mavErika
Golden Member

mavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant future

J-Ho is out for tonight:
Quote:
Howard out indefinitely

Josh Howard is going back on the inactive list indefinitely, coach Rick Carlisle said after the Mavericks' shootaround this morning.

The Mavericks made the decision to give Howard more time to recover from his off-season left ankle surgery after he had difficulty in the second of back-to-back games earlier this week.

Howard did not re-injure the ankle. But he was limping on it during the second half of the San Antonio game Wednesday and was taken out for the rest of the game. After the game, he called it a speed bump.

Howard missed the first five games of the season, returned Saturday against Toronto and played solidly in two games before having trouble at San Antonio.

"We're going to shut Josh down again for a while, just to make sure he gets some more time to rehab and strengthen it,'' Carlisle said. "He hasn't had any setbacks or anything like that. We just feel it's the best thing. There's no definite time period.''

--Eddie Sefko
Without Jefferson and Love, we should be able to get an extensive look at Jawai and Hollins as T-wolves tonight.

This could be the perfect game to get Gooden going, and/or to get Humph some meaningful minutes. Either way, I expect a rebounding advantage for the Mavs of at least +15 tonight. And if the Mavs feel like staging one more impressive coming-from-far-behind victory, before they break the bad habit of falling behind big, this could also be the perfect game to target the 30-point mark.

But I would prefer them to step on the 'wolves throats early and empty that arena by halftime. That would mean more rest for our stars and for my fellow overseas-mavs-fans and me.

Go Mavs!
mavErika is offline   Reply With Quote