View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 03:42 PM   #215
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan View Post
Absolutely. Great defender. Best cutter iv ever seen. Understands spacing incredibly well. You don't have to have a jumper to have a high bball iq
All the attributes you just mentioned about Marion I would agree with, and praise him for, but wouldn't necessarily attribute them to High BBall IQ. I see Marion is a freak athlete and a profoundly instinctual player. I don't watch him and think, "This guy really thinks the game."

As a matter of fact, I tend to think of Marion as a non cerebral player. Contrasted with guys like Kidd, CP3,Kobe, or Nash who clearly "think the game" on a different level.

1 quick example on Marion jumps to mind: I see him make FAR too many boneheaded/thoughtless passes for me to consider him as a guy who is playing with a great mind for the game.

And it is certainly feels like hyperbole to call him at a top 5-10 IQ guy.

To each his own though. BBIQ is certainly a subjectively ranked category.

Having said all that, I do agree that Marion is a vastly underrated player over his career.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote