View Single Post
Old 12-20-2008, 10:14 AM   #58
Silk Smoov
Banned

Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubOverdose View Post
As I've said for a while now (well, post Kidd trade)...this team needs to be blown up. That includes trading Dirk. I'd love to see him retire a Mav, but it isn't fair to him to keep him on a team that has no chance to win it all. We need to trade our guys for youth, draft picks, and expiring contracts. Unfortunately we don't have a pick next year so we can't do a 2010 plan where we get a top pick and a top FA. The sooner we blow this team up, the better so we can get more picks and possibly pick up someone good in 2010. There are enough good players going around in 2010 that teams wont have enough money to sign them all. Someone will be underpaid if as people people switch teams as expected.
I agree, but I think if we get Raja Bell and Wallace we instantly become contenders and we can have Dirk stay and have a serious chance at winning a title and retiring as a Mavs player. Jet is still here as well, and he is playing lights out, so we need to keep Jet as well. If we do this, we would be set, and the only thing left would be to find a way to get rid of Diop and George (I like George, but we need to get younger)
Silk Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote