View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 02:07 AM   #379
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanL View Post
No you said I marginalized people because of their race. Now you are backtracking.

Secondly, I am one person on a sleepy forum. How exactly was I able to successfully marginalize you and with what group of people were you marginalized from?

Ron Paul is a modern day Martin Luther King. LOL.

If you do and say stupid things then you marginalize yourself.

You chose to read it that way, but that was clearly not my point at all, being that you haven't made any racist statements in this thread. I can see why you would read it that way, being that you seem to be bent on incessantly hijacking this thread in order to bolster your own belief system while lumping anyone who posts here into nice, convenient categories that make you sleep better at night, but the world doesn't work that way.

You have taken issue with Ron Paul and some his supporters for racist ideology. Racism marginalizes a group of people based upon race. You marginalize people based upon political ideology, but, to you, that's somehow noble. The hypocrisy of that dynamic is clearly lost on you.

mar·gin·al·ize (märj-n-lz)
tr.v. mar·gin·al·ized, mar·gin·al·iz·ing, mar·gin·al·iz·es
To relegate or confine to a lower or outer limit or edge, as of social standing.

The bold part of your comment is an example of this:

Straw Man Fallacy

Explanation:

A straw man argument is one that misrepresents a position in order to make it appear weaker than it actually is, refutes this misrepresentation of the position, and then concludes that the real position has been refuted. This, of course, is a fallacy, because the position that has been claimed to be refuted is different to that which has actually been refuted; the real target of the argument is untouched by it.
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote