Thread: Kill Bill
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2003, 08:42 AM   #10
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice
Default Kill Bill

OK, well, I understand the teaser trailer was underwhelming. The new trailer is pretty good, IMO. As a lot of you know, I follow films in production pretty closely, and this is no exception. The press screanings are going on now. Foxnews posted on their website a pre-review. Their critic said it was the most amazing thing he'd ever seen. Every on-line review I have read said it is absolutely incredible and unlike anything seen in american film.

I know nothing about the grindhouse and kung fu films that are the source material and inspiration for this movie, but I gather this is a film you will either love or hate.

Harry Knowls (an admitted friend of Tarantino) posted his review and said that it is a landmark of american cinema. His comments were basically two-fold. First, the trailers show you nothing. The trailers are edited to reveal nothing about the story, and the shots are digitally altered to hide certain aspects of the film. Second, he is shocked this movie has an 'R' rating; he said the MPAA had to have been drugged not to demand this thing be re-edited. As to the first point, the shots in the trailer are digitally altered to hide, well, basically... blood and body parts.

I do know one thing. People where agast at the shocking violence in "The Wild Bunch". But it is now considered an american classic and a landmark film. I expect 'Kill Bill' to be the same and I will see it as soon as I can.

Just an aside. When I was in college, Pulp Fiction came out. Some friends of mine went and saw it the night it came out. Afterwards, they came over to this house we were all hanging out at and raved and raved. They the demanded that we, including them, all pile in the car and catch the late night showing immediately, which we did. I saw it again a week later. I saw it 5 times in the theater. It was robbed for Best Picture by Forrest freakin' Gump. Tarantino has directed just one film since then. I need to see this movie.
At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote