View Single Post
Old 09-26-2005, 05:13 PM   #35
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Cowboys Gameday Thread: Dallas @ San Francisco

Quote:
I think that they will be a good front 7 defensively but I think they would be better off in a 4-3.
Why?

Don't get too caught up on a scheme...good players will make plays in any scheme. Plus we're playing with four linemen in the nickel, same as we would in 4-3.

Quote:
I do not trust Bill and if he hadnt had the success he had elsewhere and you were judging him by what he has done here you wouldn’t either.
First of all, why would you want to discount everything he's done in the past? That gives him instant credibility with the players, something no Cowboys coach has had since Jimmy. Secondly, he took a perennial 5-11 team to the playoffs. This team and organization are clearly better off than it was when he arrived.

Quote:
Keyshawn, glenn, and crayton didnt do a hell of alot for me before the year. Key is slow, glenn was coming off of an injury. Crayton hadnt done anything coming into the year. Witten is a beast as is Jones. I was worried that our oline wouldnt be able to protect bledsoe. Petiti has been a pleasant surprise.
sounds like you're saying that Bill knew a little bit more about his team than you did.

Quote:
I have been surprised. One reason we get more pressure is we blitz more.
Not really. Two years ago we blitzed more than any team should and still finished 22nd in takeways. We turned the Niners over 3 times yesterday and none of them were a result of the biltz. We haven't blitzed much in the past two weeks.

Quote:
Also we should have good numbers against the run because in reality we run a 3-5-3.
Roy Williams has been on this team for 4 years so I think we can conclude that having him on you're roster doesn’t guarantee a stout run defense. You have to put him in position to make plays and obviously this scheme that you detest is doing just that.

It’s beyond me how a Cowboy fan could be so anti-Parcells. In addition to everything he’s accomplished on the filed, he’s made the team relevant again. We’re coming off of a 6-10 season and we don’t really have any national marquee players yet Fox had us featured as their no.1 game in week one. We have two MNF appearances and a Sunday night appearance. If you don’t think Bill Parcells is a huge reason then you blinded by your hate.