View Single Post
Old 11-21-2003, 03:43 PM   #59
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Who should go if one has to?

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
Quote:
Originally posted by: kingrex
Firstly, I'm on the side that doesn't want to trade anyone, yet. However, since this is a "gun to your head" thread where we must trade someone, then it depends on the question.

If the question is who on the Mavs would you be willing to trade, then I would say anyone is tradable if the offer is right.

If the question is who of the Big 5 would I give up first, if it meant that a good player would be had in return?

I would say Michael Finley. I love Fin, but with the emergence of Howard and with Delk on the bench, I think we have enough players to shore up the shooting guard position. Moreover, it would keep in tact the strong forward attackt that we have now with (Nowitzki, Walker & Jamison). Lastly, of the Big 5 he is the oldest (okay by one year) of the Big 5.

What? When did Howard emerge? When you talk trade Finley you come into the same problem when trading Jamison or Walker. Sure you can trade these guys but when doing so you hope it is to fix a need at the 5 position. Then you ask yourself out of the untouchables(Curry, Shaq, Ming) who is there left to trade for? You then have your Ostertag's, Bradley's, Jerome Jame's and at the end of the day you realize there aren't any impact guys out there who teams would trade. Ben Wallace is the perfect guy when it comes to what the Mavs need. So then you say what if we can package Fin and Jamison/or Walker to get him. THat Piston's team is ran by Larry Brown. A defensive minded coach. He isn't going to take guys like Jamison, Fin, or Walker who aren't known for defending. Right now, the only guy I want to hear in a trade is for Ben Wallace and he is a untouchable. There are some guys you can get who the Mavs can benefit from but then you go from the talent of Fin, Walker, and Jamison to the Tony Delk's and Najera's. Those guys aare going to give you the same talent in return then you would for one of our Big 5 with the exception of Dirk.
I take your point, but this thread is not about who can we package and who can we get back. It is a simple question, and I'm curious who would you choose and why.

The question is, FilthyFin, if you had to choose 1 guy of the big 5, who would you choose and why?

I answered Finley. Who do you say?
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote