View Single Post
Old 10-09-2002, 09:44 PM   #54
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough

<<

<< Just211- actually, you make a valid point there. Short passes are a huge part of that scheme. However..the west coast offense uses those passes to open up the intermediate and deep routes by pulling up the DB's. Carter hasn't yet shown the ability to throw intermediate and deep routes consistently...(my opinion-at all). Carter throws a lot of -3 to +3 yard passes and the backs or receivers make a lot of yards after the catch. If it works and they win as a result...excellent. Unfortunately, the Cownboys are being exposed at this point. I think Carter will start going deeper downfield this week as a result. I just hope he connects. Anyway....your point was a good one. >>

Another aspect of the west coast offense is catching the ball on the run. Which, while I give Quincy all the credit and patience in the world, he has not shown an ability to hit the receiver on the run.
>>

Actually he has shown he can but he hasnt done in consistently. Matter of fact one comes to mind when he through to Galloway in covereage and got it straight to Galloway befor ehe got out of bounce. Ill admit I want to see quincy succeed maybe thas why I am a apologist but I think alot of us get out of hand like when eh throws the ball in to converage and it goes striaght to the player. Well it suppose too. Im jus saying I think we all need to get into the habit of every time Quincy makes a good play we need to give him his props tho he is a young qb but all I ask is when people show Quincys flaws show his signs of bein a good qb not one without the other.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote