View Single Post
Old 05-24-2005, 02:14 PM   #12
The Miles

The Miles is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Mavs Offseason In One Move

Well I would love to be able to keep Devin and get Marbury, so I like your trades better obviously. I was just trying to make a deal that made sense for the Knicks too, and since they were getting Devin, they would also get TAW and we would keep Stack. But I would give them Jet and Stack to be able to keep Devin around w/Marbury, jeez, that could get borderline insanely dangerous with time. WOW.

Anyways, I dont think they would want to trade Penny. I have been reading a lot of their press and they are concerned with getting under the cap. They have been lining up expirers for a reason, they have (next 2 years) Allan Houston, Tim Thomas, Penny all coming off. They have basically 5 bad deals (bad for wanting to get cap to go get LeBron James): Marbury, Jamal Crawfod, Kurt Thomas, Jerome Williams (though he has a TO for that 3rd year), and Malik Rose.

I know that getting LeBron James to New York is what their plan is, I know that they have a real shot at doing that if they can get under the cap after the next two years, enough under to MAX LeBron, and I do know that as crazy as my deal sounded, it makes a lot of sense for what Isiah is trying to do.

As for taking Van Horn back, ofcoure he would, that is a giant $15,000,000 contract. Boston took Walker back, Isiah would gladly get back Van Horn in order to knock off 15% of the Knicks cap. And as for Bradley, it can't be all bad salary going one way. Even in that mega dump deal with the Suns/Knicks, the Suns still took back Howard Eisley, they didn't just get all expirers out of it, and Eisley has a huge hold on thier cap for another year.

I dunno, I think the deal is really possible and solves both organizations needs to a tee. Thanks for the comments tho.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

"When you (Coach Johnson) get behind your players like that it’s something special. He’s the general and we are soldiers, you go out there and want to lay it all on the line…that’s the type of situation I wanted to be in."-Doug Christie
The Miles is offline   Reply With Quote