View Single Post
Old 01-03-2003, 12:17 AM   #45
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

<< And I think Nellie's system does get a lot out of the team -- during the regular season. But when playoff basketball rolls around, it honestly is a different game, and I think that the team should be doing things that prepare it to succeed in that arena, even if it is at the expense of a few regular season wins. The Mavericks might not should have beaten the Kings, but they shouldn't have lost 4-1. That's underachieving.
>>

You have to prove the &quot;different&quot; game to me... I've tried to find it, I've heard it but I can't quantify it. It can't be that the scoring goes down because it doesn't, at least not significantly, maybe 1-5 points per game, that doesn't seem significant to me.

The mavs weren't even close to the kings, dirk didn't step up, no bradley, no team chemistry. They just weren't ready. They didn't know how to stop anyone, no defense man..They were ONE of the top 4 teams in the league, the 4th and they had just arrived. They couldn't even hold off san antonio to get the midwest. They just weren't good enough and sacto was.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote