View Single Post
Old 05-20-2007, 12:53 PM   #11
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
I would not count it as so ridiculous. I liked larry bird a lot. And one of the reasons was that he was a slow white boy beating up on guys flying over the rim. Can't help it but it was true.

you like seeing your alma mater's folks do well, I don't see it as that much different. Not to the point that you can't root for someone else, but it's a pretty natural occurance. It certainly happens in reverse I believe.
I wouldn't compare your alma mater to someone's race. They don't compare IMO. Yea there are times I like seeing the underdog when. The team that isn't suppose to win. The team that's underman. But i've never once cheered for a guy because he looked like me. That's what I found ridiculous.

As far as you cheering for Bird I did as well. I cheered for him because he was a great player. He was greatness. That's why I think the majority of Bird's fans cheered for him. I have a hard time believing it was because he was white.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote