View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 02:23 PM   #49
mkat
Platinum Member

mkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to beholdmkat is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male28Dan View Post
So, is there ANY sliver of a chance that we let Spears walk, sign Peppers, and move him into the 3-4 DE position? Obviously his position on our defense would be OLB, but we are set there. Can he push Spencer inside? Can he play inside while offering a great inside blitz option? He is a freak and very strong so I would think he could handle most anything but 3-4 DE at his height is a stretch I think.

Any way this beast can make this team, contract demands be damned?
he's got the weight, and would probably fit there better than he would at OLB in the 3-4 scheme.

thing is...he's a lazy player. he plays when he wants, and then will take plays (or games) off. and you're paying him a huge sum to do this? no thanks.

ProFootballTalk had a story about this a few days ago..about how GMs are worried about signing him because if he doesn't play well after getting paid, then it's their job on the line.

I'd rather not have him. Draft your talent, and sign free agents who promote team stability (Brooking, Sensabaugh).