View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 09:02 AM   #53
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male28Dan View Post
MKat - is it possible that he took some plays off because his team was getting beat 35-14? Losing is tough and a lot of guys probably do that to a certain extent. He is still a tremenous player though, even at 80%. Plus if you put him in a winning environment with a healthy salary on a line featuring two absolute studs around him don't you think that you just made everyone better around him? Our rush defense might take a hit but our pressure on the QB would certainly increase. Even if he takes a play off you still have to have the blocking scheme in there to stop him were he to be coming full speed. That leads to offensive coordinators drawing up slants instead of go routes which prevents big plays and allows Jenkins/Newman to jump routes and cause turnovers. It takes weapons away from your opponent. We saw that happen to Dallas several times when we had to keep Witten back to help block teams with very talented defenses.

Sure, there is risk there, but our GM doesn't have to worry about being replaced.

Who knows how bad he wants to come here but I know he has said he likes this division and I know he has said he wants to come to a 3-4 team. Expensive? Sure. Worth it - I sure think it would be interesting. I could come in here and play Devil's Advocate as well and make a list of reasons and concerns for not wanting him here but man, that defense sure would be special. How much will cutting Hamlin save us? If we move Gerald over to FS, (the position he played in Jax), and drafted a SS or filled the position internally I wonder how much we would have available to us that otherwise wouldn't be available to go after him...

Just a thought I figured I would put out there, but man - we would be SOOO nasty. Imagine a Ware, Igor, Ratliff, Peppers, Spencer, James, Brooking front 7. With Newman, Jenkins, Gerald, SS, (or FS, Gerald). Ball could step in and play FS and we still have the other Hamlin.

I am sure it is just wishful thinking as he will probably command way too much money.

that would be awesome
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote