View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 12:30 PM   #69
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male28Dan View Post
I can't say I agree with giving up on Jones yet as a feature back. He showed a lot late last year and could be a lot like LT, (small, fast, but still feature-back capable). I think Choice has a good combination of quickness and power and I think he should be put in the role that Barber had in Julius Jones' last year. Be that 4th quarter back that bursts into a line that is tired from chasing a very speedy Jones for 3 quarters. I think both could work well together with a rookie as the backup in the event of an injury.

Barber, for his contract, should be moved if he can be. Here is hoping SD doesn't snatch up Thomas Jones and would be willing to trade us Cromartie for Barber. I would do that in a heartbeat. Could ONE of Newman/Scandrick/Cromartie work as the FS? I know it would REALLY do wonders for our pass protection. I am not sure about our rush protection, but rarely does a RB get past our front 7 anyway. That also would take FS off of the needs list for the draft and everyone knows you can pick up a dependable RB later in the draft.

Just a thought, and likely not to happen. Hell, Rolle could fix FS if he doesn't want crazy money too, and of course he wouldn't demand Barber. Signing Rolle and then trading Barber for a WR, (which removes TWO draft needs), would be the better direction, and then of course you don't have a player out of position, (though Rolle is not a lot better than any of those other options on rush defense).
I agree.

With that said, what position is Dallas going to draft in round one?

IMO, the LT's will already be gone. There is no need for a 1st round QB, TE, CB, OLB, or RB. Historically S, G, C, and NT are second round an lower picks.

Unless they have a pet pick that is a G/C type, I don't see them picking one of them up in the first. WR is too big a bust with first rounders. I would say no on the TE, QB, CB, OLB, or RB. That pretty well leaves safety or DT/DE for the first rounder, IMO.

I am guessing that in rounds 2-4 they come up with a couple of OL, and possibly 3 overall in the draft.

I am guessing they take one LB (just because they always do).

Seeing that I am an Aggie -- I hate to admit this one, but in my dream draft --Dallas somehow ends up with Earl Thomas, Terrance Cody, Jordan Shipley, Colt McCoy -- and the meanest and biggest inside OL in the draft. (Three Cows just kill me to type.)

All would have to drop from where they are projected for this to happen.
Earl Thomas seems to be a ballhawk -- and I think could play FS quickly.
Jordan Shipley wasn't as fast as needed, but he has a nack for the endzone.
Colt McCoy is not a need at all, but he could push McGee and make for a future QB non-issue (hedging bets that one of them develops).
Terrance Cody may eat himself out of the league. He is probably only a 2 down player -- but when you are drafting for a backup for Ratliff and a huge guy who can man the short yardage stuff and reek havoc on run downs -- he has proven that he can be that kind of player in college.
Of course they need another lineman to hopefully replace Proctor as the C/G backup on game day.

This is the year to find out if Free really can be Flo's replacement, and if Brewster really can be Columbo's (although Brewster has more time, IMO). Has Free gotten strong enough?

LB - would be a good draft pick, but they have both Williams from last years draft to find out if can play. Hodge, Butler, CuJo ??

DT/E seem to have a bunch of JAG's -- maybe Dallas can find an upgrade for there? (Igor isn't going anywhere I don't think though).

Most years I can get close to what Dallas is thinking -- this year, I am not so sure I or the so called draft experts will get that close.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson

Last edited by dalmations202; 03-03-2010 at 12:32 PM.
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote