View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 03:12 PM   #73
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalmations202 View Post
I agree.

With that said, what position is Dallas going to draft in round one?

IMO, the LT's will already be gone. There is no need for a 1st round QB, TE, CB, OLB, or RB. Historically S, G, C, and NT are second round an lower picks.

Unless they have a pet pick that is a G/C type, I don't see them picking one of them up in the first. WR is too big a bust with first rounders. I would say no on the TE, QB, CB, OLB, or RB. That pretty well leaves safety or DT/DE for the first rounder, IMO.

I am guessing that in rounds 2-4 they come up with a couple of OL, and possibly 3 overall in the draft.

I am guessing they take one LB (just because they always do).

Seeing that I am an Aggie -- I hate to admit this one, but in my dream draft --Dallas somehow ends up with Earl Thomas, Terrance Cody, Jordan Shipley, Colt McCoy -- and the meanest and biggest inside OL in the draft. (Three Cows just kill me to type.)

All would have to drop from where they are projected for this to happen.
Earl Thomas seems to be a ballhawk -- and I think could play FS quickly.
Jordan Shipley wasn't as fast as needed, but he has a nack for the endzone.
Colt McCoy is not a need at all, but he could push McGee and make for a future QB non-issue (hedging bets that one of them develops).
Terrance Cody may eat himself out of the league. He is probably only a 2 down player -- but when you are drafting for a backup for Ratliff and a huge guy who can man the short yardage stuff and reek havoc on run downs -- he has proven that he can be that kind of player in college.
Of course they need another lineman to hopefully replace Proctor as the C/G backup on game day.

This is the year to find out if Free really can be Flo's replacement, and if Brewster really can be Columbo's (although Brewster has more time, IMO). Has Free gotten strong enough?

LB - would be a good draft pick, but they have both Williams from last years draft to find out if can play. Hodge, Butler, CuJo ??

DT/E seem to have a bunch of JAG's -- maybe Dallas can find an upgrade for there? (Igor isn't going anywhere I don't think though).

Most years I can get close to what Dallas is thinking -- this year, I am not so sure I or the so called draft experts will get that close.
Yeah, this is definitely a hard year because so much is based on assumptions. If you told me how the Cowboys roster looked right before the draft I think I could be pretty accurate, (not player of course, but position). As of now, there are SO many unknowns. What do we do with Flo, Spears, Hamlin, Barber/Choice, etc... Do we sign any marquee free agents such as Peppers, Rolle, etc...

I still think OL though with the first pick.