View Single Post
Old 06-20-2010, 08:32 AM   #1693
Dan1

Dan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
This makes no sense. The reason the NBA hasn't had more games go 7 is because the matchups have been sucky, so no one cares?
No. It's cause, as i said, they cant do anything they want. They can decide the outcome of a game just partially. In 06, it was to risky to bring the game 7 to dallas. In 04, the Pistons were much, much better than the Lakers. Same for the Spurs/Cavs series. And im not sure if they care that much about other teams even with the probable higher rating on games 6~7. But make Kobe the next MJ its a must and brings much more money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
Good logic here. We need to get a good team. If we get a bad team, we're going to lose and get screwed. But if we get a good team, we'll do good and win games. Last I checked, that's how sports work.
No, no. What i meant it's that we need to build a team that is clearly better than the Lakers, not equal. Or bring a superstar that Stern and his puppets like. Saying the NBA is rigged its not a excuse, just look back at the Kings/Lakers series in 02 and even the Mavs/Heat in 06. See the Tim Donaghy scandal, see the good "relationship" that Stern has with his referees. They protect superstars, they try to make new dinastys, new MJs, and always tender to favor the bigger teams. And if the referees are bad or biased, they shouldnt.

Last edited by Dan1; 06-20-2010 at 08:33 AM.
Dan1 is offline   Reply With Quote