View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 08:08 PM   #37
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I know Brand has played center, but that was in the eastern conference and he now looks "older" for lack of a better word. His lack of offense correlates with his inability to be as effective at defense as a center. He just doesn't have his legs under him to rebound as well or hit that jump shot he usually does.
Actually, the only thing that's really dropped off is his efficiency inside 15 feet. I wouldn't have a counter to the age argument if his rebounding had dropped, but he's performing up to his usual standards there. No sign of slippage in his shot-blocking rate, either. And his productivity in both areas as of the last 82games update has been better in his limited minutes at center than in his time at PF.

At any rate, I'm in the wait until Dirk returns camp, myself. My hopes for Elton with the Mavs were always focused on his potential as a frontcourt partner for Dirk.