Thread: Larry Sanders
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2014, 06:50 PM   #1
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Larry Sanders

Apparently Sanders is "available" if some rumours are true. And i think there are some good chances its true.

Sanders (this summer a 4y flat 44m extension kicks in) has some maturity issues on and off the court and Henson has a breakout season. And thats the biggest reason since Sanders and Henson are basically identical players. The closest thing to Sanders in the league is (right now) Henson. So longterm the Bucks have to move one of them.

Of course:
Do the Mavs have enough to offer? Here again, our 2014 pick biting our ass. The Bucks probably demand to throw in Neal/Mayo/Ersan to dump salary. OJ is a no go for the Mavs and Ersan would hurt their 2014 cap space if they cant move him. On the other hand it would be a great backup for Dirk.

Sanders is kind of risky and his 11m price tag is maybe 1-2m too much (but the usual center price, i doubt Gortat goes for less than 9m this summer).

I would go for Sanders (and wouldnt have a problem to trade Larkin and Wright) and try to dump potential additional salary (Neal, Ersan). Then start to talk numbers with Dirk and try to clear enough salary to have ~12m for the Deng offer in the summer.

Calderon
Ellis
Deng
Dirk
Sanders

me gusta

Last edited by sefant77; 01-20-2014 at 07:00 PM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote