View Single Post
Old 02-13-2010, 11:29 AM   #30
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

The Mavs plans this season depended on Howard coming in and playing the 2, but with his bum ankle, he had nowhere near the quickness needed to do that job. The Mavs needed him to score his average, and he's just not physically able to.

Caron Butler gives the offense what it desperately needs...a guy who can fill it up, who wants to take the big shot just as much as Dirk and Jet do. A Guy when he has it going, can demand the double team. If Jet goes back to 6th man, we should always have 2 dangerous scorers on the court. The offense is instantly better.

With Haywood big enough to be a starting center, Damp can get the time to rest and rehab his knee. He'll be a much better fit than Gooden, because he's a real 7 footer who can block some shots and protect the lane. Gooden turned out to be a better player thn I expected, but better at stuff we don't need as much...like scoring. If we can resign him cheap, I'd love to have him, but Haywood is a massive upgrade because he fits better. Hopefully, he's quick enough to run with Nene, and has good enough footwork to contend with that kid in LA.

The only bad thing about this is how much it cost Cuban. But as a ticket buying fan, I'm spending my money, so I have no trouble watching him spend his.

Oh yeah. and how does this help us guard point guards?

Last edited by G-Man; 02-13-2010 at 11:33 AM. Reason: spelling
G-Man is offline   Reply With Quote