View Single Post
Old 01-23-2010, 10:24 AM   #86
LSMF
Diamond Member

LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

A Lot of folks here really seem to be under the impression that Kevin Martin is a horrible defender, and ill tell you guys that he's not. He's been one of my favorite non-mavs for a while so I have seen him play quite a bit. The guy has length and has quickness on the defensive end. Trust me folks, Martin can play defense. Honestly, the only reason why he isnt a great defender is his skinny frame. Most SG's are around 200+ pounds, but Martin weighs about 188 pounds. His limitation is his strength. He's just not as strong as most other SG's, but he does try to play defense. Which is all you really need, defense comes down to effort and scheming. Martin has the effort, and Carlislie has the right defensive schemes.

Also I have said in my older posts how much I respect K-mart because he actually takes it to the rack. Dude is 6'7 188 pounds and takes it to the rim over much bigger and stronger player, and he can finish. The guy will play his butt off to win. You cant say these same things about Josh Howard. Josh Howard won't take it to the rack anymore, he'd rather shoot a runner or jumper these days. And can we really say that Josh will do anything to get a win? Absolutely not. Maybe in 2005 and 06 he did but now he seems like he's content with himself.

The main reason why I want Martin here is because the amount of pressure he takes off Dirk. He's a 20+ point scorer, who can shoot, can handle a bit, can drive and can make big shots. Folks are saying "But Martin's not a winner", bring Martin to Dallas and I bet you he'd become a winner. You're putting a humble and hardworking player, that has played on several bad teams for quite some time on a team that has a chance to win a championship. You think he's not gunna play his heart out? You don't think his FG% will increase with Kidd and Dirk here? I could keep on going on and on with this, but ill stop here. If Cubes can get a fair trade he should get rid of J-Ho and Get Martin here as soon as possible. Then I'd really like to see a defense try to key in on Dirk, Martin would light such a defense up!