View Single Post
Old 01-23-2010, 08:52 PM   #97
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Eh, if I were the Mavs I would feel like it'd be worth it to pay a little more to get Martin or Iggy relative to Caron.

Ignoring details like a 2nd rounder and/or some cash changing hands, I can't really see many options with the Wizards that appeal to me outside of Josh for Caron straight up (assuming Haywood isn't available).

With regard to Martin, I'm assuming that Sac won't deal unless they unload a troublesome contract and get back at least one inexpensive contributor to boot. Given that that's the case, the Josh/Carroll/JJB for Martin/Udrih swap I mentioned earlier would be my first choice for a deal with Sac because I like the resulting balance on the Mavs' roster (including having a bigger, less ball-dominating PG coming off the bench with JET). If it's Nocioni that Sac really wants to get rid of that complicates things somewhat. In that case Dallas can't afford to include JJB unless they've got a line on another playoff-ready pg with their 2.9 million dollar TE. Without cheap talent to tip them, though, Sac is less likely to accept Carroll's inclusion, at which point Gooden is the obvious filler, but that makes the acquisition almost prohibitively expensive and carves a huge (at least month-long) hole out of the Mavs frontcourt rotation. I haven't mentioned Booby, and I've no doubt Sac would be interested in him. I'll defer to the coaching staff on how he's progressing and whether he should be available at all, but I will say that if he's the piece that gets Sac moving I'd draw the line at taking back Martin, and refuse to accept either Udrih or Nocioni.

With Philly, I keep coming back to Josh/Carroll for Iguodala/Kapono as the trade to angle for. If Josh can even show a few signs of life between now and the trade deadline the savings Philly would get from that deal over the next couple years might be enough to motivative them to deal, and Kapono could at least be useful as a situational shooter who doesn't play the same position as either Dirk or JET.