View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010, 01:38 PM   #110
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobatundi View Post
I agree, Gooden has looked pretty good, especially when he gets extended minutes/starts. I wonder how much consideration the Mavs are giving to bringing him back next season, and if that factors into the decision on the whole trade/waive/reacquire thing. If they were to do that, they could only offer him the minimum next year, unless they're willing to spend the MLE. However, if Gooden finishes the year with the Mavs, they'll be able to offer him $5.4MM (120% of his current salary) next season, which is about what the MLE will probably be--but not costing the Mavs their MLE.

Especially if you think the Mavs are going to trade Damp, then try to re-acquire him, they're gonna need that MLE.
If Gooden wants one year, then the Mavs will be interested. I can't see Cuban going multi year on this guy, unless the 2nd year is unguaranteed.
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote