Thread: Kevin Martin
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2010, 12:05 AM   #49
quietsavant

quietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud ofquietsavant has much to be proud of

A couple of nights ago, after the Milwaukee Bucks game, I was leaving the AAC and on my way to my car, noticed Mike Fisher to the right of me. We had a little chat on our way to our cars. One of the subjects was his opinion on K-mart and whether or not the Kings would pull the trigger on him. He said something to me that I had not thought of before and it made perfect sense. The kings have a plethora of wings as of right now. Yes Howard at the top of his game would be better than some of those wings, but Howard hasn't been at the top of his game, since last season's playoffs. What then, would be the justification for the Kings to swap KMART for Howard. I immediately answered as i'm sure most of you would: Cap space. But wait a second, he proceeded to tell me, if the kings have that cap space, and with the team being that young, they are still a rebuilding team. The cap space will not give them enough to offer a max contract; with that said, they aren't going to be able to lure some big names into that market as of right now. So, you tell me, what good is cap space if you are unable to lure any significant free agent there this off season, and we all know they will not be picking up howard's option.

He didn't say it's a definite that this trade doesn't get done, but he hinted that if it were he, he doesn't see why the Kings would do the trade. That's all. And by the way, that makes the 3rd mavs related person I've had a conversation with in Dallas in less than 6 months. My list? Antoine wright, Quinton ross, mike fisher..

on a side note: KMART had 33pts versus the jazz tonihgt, 4-7 from 3pt land, 9 trips to the line, and 7 rebs. Just saying.

The good Ol days : Click
quietsavant is offline   Reply With Quote