View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 07:27 PM   #42
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I think you're confused as to what conversation we're having.

There was an article posted claiming that Texas has a very high percentage of uninsured people, and made the claim that Texas was "stingy on healthcare".

I was questioning (legitimately, I really don't know) how exactly a state (the government agency, not the "we the people") affected the percentage of its residents that have healthcare. Does the state make decisions on who is or isn't eligible for Medicaid? I'm not sure how much of that comes from the Federal side of things vs the State side.
You threw me for a loop with your last response, when you said "What does the state have to do with it?" I guess you are saying that you meant, why the State of Texas as opposed to the federal government?

I don't know the full answer to your question, but the articles did say that a large bulk of the state's budget goes toward healthcare. From that I guess we can infer that the state is indeed making some decisions about who/how to cover.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote