Thread: Luol Deng?
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2014, 10:53 AM   #96
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
A few seasons ago I would have been on board. But I don't see him as the answer in Dallas. If Okafor is acquired, he would need to be the second best acquisition of the off season.

Not sure Noah, Hibbert, Gasol, Drummond, A Davis, or Howard would appreciate being left out of the top 5 defensive centers. (Not to mention Serge who plays Center as well as PF now...)
I don't look at Drummond or Ibaka favorably as overall defenders. Great shot blockers, yes, but they both leave a LOT to be desired in the post. And Anthony Davis plays less than half of his minutes at center. The other four guys you named (Hibbert, Gasol, Dwight, Noah) are the only 4 that I think are unquestionably better than Okafor. If any of them was available on the trade market I'd lo to add them instead. As it stand right now, though, Okafor is our best bet, unless Melo leaves the Knicks and they want to move Chandler.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote