Thread: Rondo?
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2014, 12:08 PM   #91
tap2390
Diamond Member

tap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond reputetap2390 has a reputation beyond repute

I appreciate how Wright has developed with the Mavs but it's amazing to me that people are hesitant to deal him for Rondo. IMO it's a no-brainer. Wright has been fantastic, efficient, and has great chemistry with the squad but he's limited in what he can do because of his size. He accumulated most of his stats during a stretch in December where we weren't playing many contenders. He quite frankly is not that good against physical bigs... and we can expect to see a few in the West playoffs.

I think people are overstating the inability of Ellis and Rondo to coexist. I think it actually helps Ellis to have another ball handler on the floor and alleviates some pressure on him. I don't think people realize how much Ellis has been asked to do. We're initiating everything through him, Nelson has been utterly useless.